Forum in READ ONLY mode! All questions and discussions on Discord official server, invite link: https://discord.gg/VxsGzJ7

Hot keys

Ask for help
Millsyboy

Hot keys

Post by Millsyboy »

Hello

Please can some one show how i use the hot keys function. what do i type in for myself to cast spells etc etc? Im trying but just not getting it right! Im wanting to pvp using stealth as i get terrible packet loss on casting with steam and razor! some one please give me an example.
Vizit0r
Developer
Developer

Re: Hot keys

Post by Vizit0r »

show WHAT?
attach to hotkey bind "exec test_method", on Script tab - load need script, like in example - and thats all.

Code: Select all

program New;

procedure test_method();
begin
Cast('Heal');
WaitTargetObject(Self);
end;

begin

end;
"Пишите код так, как будто сопровождать его будет склонный к насилию психопат, который знает, где вы живете". (с) Макконнелл, "Совершенный код".
Millsyboy

Post by Millsyboy »

Thank you, i have never tried to script before so this is all new to me. what would i write in the hot keys section in the client dll? please excuse my noob questions, ill get the hang of it!
Millsyboy

Post by Millsyboy »

what i don't understand is how to bind it to a key. i copied your example and played it, it worked but im not catching how to make a hot key for it. ??
I obviously have to create a long script for all of my Margery spells, some target self and some last target but ye like i say im stumped on how to make key bindings. do i make the script then load it and leave it, then make hot keys. what will the hot key look like with your example>?
Vizit0r
Developer
Developer

Post by Vizit0r »

oh.
"Hotkeys" tab.
click on edit near "Hotkey:" label.
Press keys on keyboard, which you want to bind
Press "Add"
Click on item in the list.
In Command edit write "exec test_method", where test_method - name of method inside the script. Or you can press button "..." and select needed command.
Press "Change Sel Command".
Go to "Script" tab.
press load.
Select script, where needed script metthod written.
in client window press hotkey
PROFIT!
"Пишите код так, как будто сопровождать его будет склонный к насилию психопат, который знает, где вы живете". (с) Макконнелл, "Совершенный код".
Millsyboy

Post by Millsyboy »

Im not sure if i dont undrstand you or you dont understand me. i want to make commands for hot keys to, cast spells eg magic arrow, flame strike, poison, cure etc etc etc. also last target, bandage self, dink mana potion. i dont see what u are saying in this screen.
Attachments
Untitled 2.png
Untitled 2.png (240.15 KiB) Viewed 12765 times
Millsyboy

Post by Millsyboy »

Is it not close to the same as injection? if i need a script to be loaded then can some one post a script with all the detail's in so i can past it in?
Vizit0r
Developer
Developer

Post by Vizit0r »

i'm tired to explain the simplest things.

Just try to think a bit yourself.
Sonick071
Neophyte
Neophyte

Post by Sonick071 »

Vizit0r wrote:show WHAT?

Code: Select all

program New;

procedure test_method();
begin
Cast('Heal');
WaitTargetObject(Self);
end;

begin

end;
It took me half an hour to understand that there should be period on the end of the script instead of semicolon.
Если б не было stealth, то его следовало б придумать!
Sonick071
Neophyte
Neophyte

Post by Sonick071 »

I believe that dll window doesnt work with python? That is not good, I got used to python it is so concise and handy.
Если б не было stealth, то его следовало б придумать!
Vizit0r
Developer
Developer

Post by Vizit0r »

yap.
i have no idea how to take functions names from py script, exec them, and make some other things.
bounds

Post by bounds »

It's been a few years. Just wondering, have hotkeys have been updated to support Python functions?
nah nah
Developer
Developer

Post by nah nah »

bounds wrote:It's been a few years. Just wondering, have hotkeys have been updated to support Python functions?
No. But you can have fun from this google translate :wink:
bounds

Post by bounds »

Wow, you're awesome nah nah! It works great. Thank you!